Monday, September 03, 2007

Podcasts via Rhapsody


I've been trying to find out for months whether it's possible to get both podcasts AND Rhapsody To Go on a single device.

As far as I can tell, it can't be done.

My 3rd gen, 30gb iPod croaked this week after i dropped it one too many times - at first, there was just a problem where the dock connector was tweaked out of alignment, so it wouldn't sync. Then the hard drive started having read & write errors, and now it is kaput. I've had it for years and years, so I feel like I definitely got my money's worth.

Now that Apple is going to introduce new iPod models in 2 days, I have a choice to make:
1. get a new iPod (I need a hard-drive based one, 8 or even 16gb is not enough space for me)
2. borrow Melissa's 3rd-gen iPod (no video)
3. get a Rhapsody-to-go compatible player (no podcasts, but access to a very big library of new music to listen to while on the go).

So if anyone out there knows how to get a Rhapsody to go player (especially one of the Sansa's) to work with podcasts, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Ibiza by Haier. My wife has one of these in a 30gb format and we transfer podcasts all the time to it.

    ReplyDelete