Friday, November 23, 2007

Paste Magazine's 50 best albums of 2007

I made a Rhapsody playlist that has 47 of 50 best albums of 2007 as selected by Paste Magazine. (Update: the article is online now. Doh! The web version has the best 100 albums!)

I'd already been listening to these albums before the list came out:
Joe Henry: Civilians (my recent post about Joe)
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings: 100 Days 100 Nights (thanks, Bach!)
Spoon: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
The Shins: Wincing the Night Away
Ryan Adams: Easy Tiger
Wilco: Sky Blue Sky
White Stripes: Icky Thump
Bruce Springsteen: Magic

I'm particularly enjoying these bands from the list:
Justice
The National
Band of Horses

I think Melissa will like:
the everybodyfields
The Avett Brothers

I don't know why these albums are on the list:
Norah Jones
Amy Winehouse
These albums from the list aren't available on Rhapsody at the moment:
Battles: Mirrored (MySpace page)
Olof Arnalds: Vid Og Vid (online store with previews)
Radiohead: In Rainbows (You've heard about this, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment