Sunday, February 19, 2012

If you teach people, they have this miraculous capability...

I greatly enjoyed reading Architecture for Humanity's book Design Like You Give A Damn. It is full of wonderful, creative responses to hairy problems, often with incredible design constraints and stakes of life and death. 

One of my favorite lines was this quote from Maurice Cox:
I have come to believe that if you teach people what their options are, they have this miraculous capability to make the decision that is in their best interest. It was amazing to watch this unfold. 
I liked DLYGAD so much, I added it to my list of (physical) architecture books for IT architects

A second volume of DLYGAD is coming out soon. I can't wait to read it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. It is wonderful to see changes that make a difference.

    What were the lessons for IT architects that you drew from this book about physical architecture? And how does this relate to Human Centered Design?

    ReplyDelete